1.01.2013

* * *

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  
Best wishes of joy, good health, creativity, love, and happiness in 2013! 

For a few years now, at the beginning of the year, I pick an inspirational quote (or two) to be my meditation, a theme of sorts, a point of departure, something that I reflect on through the year. My meditative inspiration is not oriented toward any final goal, and it is forgiving in terms of commitment: I can change direction, and focus at any time during the year... The freedom from from final result also allows to create mental space for personal growth. 

I am starting 2013 with these as my inspiration:

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." 
                                                                                                               Henry David Thoreau

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." Buddha


Have you found your word for this year, a quote, or inspiration? Did you set any goals, or decided to forgo resolutions? What's next? 

This blank page of a new day of the year is always so filled with possibilities, and even if we have to resume chopping wood and carrying water tomorrow, I hope that today find you inspired, happy, and looking forward to some new adventures! 

1 comment:

Dee said...

Sounds like a good start!
Good luck in all you do...
Happy New Year.
xo